8.09.2011

Guest Post from Page Traveler Tales

Rise and shine! Today we have an awesome guest post from Darci over at Page Traveler Tales! I love her blog, and I think you would too, so go on over and check it out. And leave her some love here for her awesome writing!

Guest Post from Page Traveler Tales

I really like this blog.

Like, seriously.

I laughed out loud the first time I pulled it up, because (1) the movie The Bucket List is hilarious, and (2) my husband and I have actually made a bucket list of our own!

I looked for it to write this post, but was, sadly, unsuccessful. So I'll just tell you a few things that I remember being on there...

Keep in mind, however, that some of these are ridiculously and completely impossible. We know this, but in my opinion, writing it down and hoping that it might, somehow, someway, by luck or chance or fate or blessing come to pass, makes me happy.

  • Waltz on the Great Wall of China... or maybe Chacha... that would be funnier
  • Go on a castle tour of the world
  • Visit Vina del Mar, Chile where my husband served his mission
  • Visit church history sites in America and the Middle East (we're LDS/Mormon)
  • Give $100,000 to a charity
  • Take our children on a road trip once a year (as soon as the  youngest is potty-trained)
  • Visit as many LDS Temples as we possibly can in our lifetime
  • Build a custom castle of our own in Northern Arizona
  • Go on a cruise... or two...
  • Become a published author (that's mostly me, but Turner supports it)
  • Buy our first home
  • Have lots of kids
  • Always go on dates
  • Stay in love
Of course, some of these goals are more important to us than others. I mean, if we never get to Chacha on the Great Wall of China, I'm sure we'll live. But no matter what we accomplish "before the bucket," we'll accomplish it together.

On a slightly different note (don't worry, it'll all come together)...

I've come to a greater understanding lately about the nature of gratitude in my life. I've never been a hugely negative person, though I wouldn't say I've been optimistic either. But as I have come to appreciate my current circumstances, no matter what they might be, I've become so much happier. I've heard it said that the Lord helps those who help themselves. I believe it could also be said that He blesses those who see themselves as blessed. The more we can learn to be grateful for what we have, the more we'll be given to be grateful for.

I hope my bucket list reflects that gratitude. We have been so blessed, and look forward to even more in the future... before the bucket.

Question: If there was one area of your life you would want to improve, what would it be? What do you have in that same area, that you can focus on being grateful for? I challenge you to do it. Be grateful. It's hard at first, but with time it gets easier.

Thanks for traveling with me today here at Life Before the Bucket. And thanks Adrian for letting me do this, it's been fun!

Until next time kids,

Page Traveler

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...