11.21.2011

Church with a T-Rex

What is it about Mondays that makes people so turkey tired?

I had an interesting experience yesterday.

I worshiped God, along with a lot of people that I love, while a T-Rex was breathing down my neck.

(No, I'm not just saying that because I'm watching Toy Story 3 with my nephew.)

It was odd, to say the least. In a museum filled with ancient relics, war memorabilia, and dinosaur bones, God was alive and moving, and we were there to experience it.

We're in town, visiting our wonderful families for Thanksgiving, so we went to church with Kalyn's family on Sunday, and it was a lot of fun. It was refreshing time where we were able to give thanks amongst a bunch of dead bones who no longer could.

This isn't really an advertisement for their church, though, as much as it's an encouragement and a reminder.

Soon (and most likely sooner than we think), we won't have a chance to express our thankfulness anymore. To experience life in its brevity. To enjoy our wonderful friends and family, the people who love us.

Today, regardless of your circumstances, give thanks. Remember where you've been, and take a moment to enjoy where you're going.

And if worst comes to worst, just remember this:

Even in a place of dry bones and forgotten memories, God is alive and moving.

There's no doubt in my mind that he's moving in your life as well.

... ... ... 

EDIT: Apparently one of my 111 goals this year was to visit a museum! Yes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...