2.23.2011

6 of 111: Goal 12

January 21st, 2011.

A monumental day in my life.

When I woke up that day, I had no clue how life-changing it would be.

I had no clue that I would accomplish one of my 111 in 2011.

And that it would forever alter the course of history...

The story:

As is typical on most life-changing days, I woke up early. I probably did some homework, and I definitely drank some coffee. After all, how could you expect to have a life-changing day without coffee? I probably went to school that day. I probably rejoiced in the fact that it was Friday, the end of the week.

As you can see, I vividly remember every single detail of this day. It was that big.

That evening... it happened. Dumb luck struck. Providence led me to the everlasting light. Or maybe I was just bored and perusing Facebook because there wasn't much else going on that night.

And then I saw it.

There was a competition. One I could ACTUALLY win. That night, a new Facebook page had been created for MCC's Dining Services. The first 10 to "Like" the page won a gift card. Could I do it? Only time would tell.

I furiously raced to the top of my Facebook to locate this newly created page. As usual, Facebook disagreed with my passionate desire to win this competition, so it proceeded to malfunction in the many ways that we all know it can.

Eventually, though, I conquered it. I destroyed the menace that is Facebook and raced to the MCC Dining Page. I quickly clicked "Like" and crossed my fingers...

AND I DID IT! I WON!

Actually, I was one of the very first people to like the page. By a mile. Turns out I would have to wait another day to secure my gift card, though. I would be given it in a random drawing.

I waited out the night, nervous, excited. I knew this competition could change my life.

The next day, after a restless night, finally arrived. I rushed to the Campus Center, eager to claim my prize. And I did. I got it. I found the Holy Grail.

$3

Yup. You read that correctly. I won $3. Tres dolares.The equivalent of dirt when it comes to paying for a meal at the Campus Center.

So, in reality, I DID accomplish a goal on my 111 in 2011. I won a contest. Just not quite how I pictured it going down when I thought up the goal. But I'll take it. Luckily, my wife had a little more luck with the competition and won something like $14 so that we could actually do something with our gift cards. 

So there you have it. A day in the life. 

Riveting. 
Bone-chilling. 
Or maybe just... boring. 

You may think the latter, but where's the fun in that? 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...