5.02.2011

A Little Change Never Hurt Anyone

I hope, for my sanity, that I never get used to 4:30 AM.

Well, well, well... Something looks a little different, don't you think?

Can't quite put your finger on it?

Maybe it's just you.

Just kidding!

As you can see, things have changed a little here at Life Before the Bucket. There are a few reasons for the redesign (I love lists, if you haven't noticed):

First of all, I get bored easily. That's all there is to it.
Secondly, this blog made me do it. Yup. Held me at gunpoint and everything.
Thirdly (always an awkward word), I checked another goal off of my 111 for 2011.
Fourthly (I'm really starting to doubt the validity of my vocabulary here), things just needed to look a lot more fun around here.

Pretty good reasoning, eh?

But enough about the blog. I want to tell you about the goal I was able to check off of my 111 in 2011!

(This is where you click "Click HERE to Read More!" I know it doesn't look like a link, but you'll just have to trust me, people. Click it!)

Recently (as in about an hour ago), I finished up Goal 34 on my list of 111 goals for 2011: rearrange a room in our apartment! 
 
Hence the blog redesign... 

Get it...?

Yeah, yeah, I hear the crickets. 

Moving on...

I'm not really sure what possessed me to want to rearrange a room in our apartment when I wrote out my list of goals for the year, but it just sounded like fun. Turns out it was practical, too! In order to redo our living room, we had to be creative, but organized. Here was my plan of attack:

 Step One: Get permission from the wife for everything following this step.

Step Two: Let the wife change/remove/duplicate steps as necessary.

Step Three: Change things back while the wife is asleep at 4:30 AM and insist that it was her idea.
 
Okay, so I kid. Sort of. Really, all the rearranging took was a little give and take. For instance, we got a new exercise bike a few weeks ago. However, if we ever wanted to be able to ride it, we had to make room for it. Thus, our dining room table (which was actually in our living room and never involved dining) got the boot. It now has a wonderful home somewhere in the depths of my in-law's garage.


Now this here is one of the real reasons that we rearranged things. See that beautiful coffee table/chest? It used to host our TV because our entertainment center was on hiatus in the in-law's garage. However, we rescued the poor entertainment center from its misery and put it to work. And now I have a table to work from and a place (besides the floor) to put my coffee in the morning. And afternoon. And evening...

I'm pretty stoked about the rearrange. And frankly, I like the redesign on the blog, too. It wasn't what I had originally planned, but it worked out pretty well. 

So what do YOU think? Do you like the new design on Life Before the Bucket? I'm all ears! Comment and let me know, and don't forget to check out the LBTB Facebook Page! There will be a poll posted there about the new design - I'd love to hear your feedback!

4 comments:

ssister. said...

it really confused me, lol. you rearranged your living room and then you're moving back here. haha.

Alicia said...

Love the new blog design!

Also love steps 1 & 2 for rearranging your living room. LOL! :)

Deb Shirkey said...

You just make me smile. :) The favorite mother in law! :)

Just me said...

I don't know what the old blog design looked like, but I like this one! The only thing I feel is missing is an archives menu so that it's easier to browse your older posts?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...