5.14.2011

Everyday Heroes

Every Saturday, I want to feature posts from people like YOU about normal, everyday people that make a lasting difference in this world. If you would like to write something for the Everyday Heroes series, leave me a comment or shoot me an e-mail and I'll let you know what to do! And you don't need to be a blogger or a writer of any kind! You just need to have a hero that you want people to know about!
__________________________________________________________________________
 
We all know people that seem to go above and beyond their calling in life. Doctors that not only help cure, but help restore souls. Teachers that not only teach curriculum, but share life with their students. Neighbors who not only greet you with a smile, but look after you when you need a helping hand.

These people shine in a way that encourages every person around them. They make you feel as if their only calling in life is to make your life better. It's these people that are truly Everyday Heroes.

That is why I want to write to you today about a person who I believe does this. She encourages everyone around her. She shines brighter than the sun. She's one of the greatest people I know - though I might be a little biased.

She's my wife.

This is the part where you say, "Aww."
Before the cheese-police arrest me, allow me to defend myself. 
 
This woman is beyond incredible. First of all, she's a genius, which is just great in and of itself. There's nothing better than knowing that when I forget something, she'll undoubtedly remember. Not that I only like her for her superhuman brain, but it is a nice perk to being married to her!

In all seriousness, though, she's one of the wisest, most caring people that I know. She seems to have an unlimited reservoir of patience for me and doesn't mind when I act a little less than my age or my IQ. She is a servant of God and takes her calling in life very seriously. But not so seriously that she doesn't enjoy life. She knows how to live life to the fullest and makes the most of every moment she's given.

To boot, Kalyn is a great cook. And, as we all know, this is how you should judge a girl before you decide to marry her [please note the use of the sarcasm font here]. Unfortunately, nobody told me this before I married her, and at that point, I had no idea that she could cook. I'm not sure that she did, either. So I'd like to think that I bring out the best in her, but really, her cooking ability is just a sliver of her overwhelming awesomeness.



Why, yes, I do have a folder on my laptop dedicated to her ninja-like cooking skills.
 
And as you can imagine, I could go on and on. The great part is that we've only been married for almost 2 years, so she's got a very long time before she's getting rid of me! 
 
Seriously, though, I couldn't be happier with the girl I chose to marry. Not only is she my wife, but she is my best friend, and ultimately, my hero.
_____________________________________________________________________________
 
Do you have a hero you want people to know about? Don't be scared - I want to hear about them! There's no hero too small to be featured in this Everyday Heroes series. Let me hear about them (or anything else that's on your mind!) in a comment, an e-mail (awaller1990@gmail.com), or on the Life Before the Bucket Facebook page!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...