5.07.2011

Everyday Heroes... Sort of.

Today, I get to watch my mom and father-in-law graduate from the Master's program I hope to be in a year from now. I'm stoked.

I'm feeling rebellious today.

Not the "I want to steal a car" kind of rebellious, though.

More like the "I want to rip the tag off of a mattress" kind of rebellious.

I know, I know. Living on the edge. It's what I do best.

Seriously, though, I feel like breaking a rule or two today. And what better way to do it than through a blog post?

You see, there are certain unwritten rules when it comes to blogging. At least that's the feeling that I've gotten as I've read through dozens of blogs and written dozens of blog posts. There are just some things you don't do...


For instance, you don't give away $100 just to get traffic. 

Especially if you don't have $100. 

There's just some stuff you don't do.

Well, I'm going to break at least one of those unwritten rules today. You see, last weekend, I wrote a post called "Who's Your Hero?". You can check it out here. In that post, I rambled about epic superhero movies and then made some ridiculous connection to everyday heroes that actually exist. Then I proceeded to solicit feedback from you. Whoever you might be. Even if you're my 1 year old nephew.

Oh yeah. He's a keeper.
Unfortunately, this is the part where I break a blogging rule and become completely honest with you: I didn't receive any feedback. And this is the part where I break another blogging rule and tell you that I was planning on doing my first Everyday Heroes post today. Obviously, though, I can't. But I wanted to be transparent with you, because that's a rule I have and don't want to break.

So this is the part where I break a third rule and try to solicit feedback once more. I know I didn't get any responses the first go around, and usually that indicates that I should sweep the idea under the rug and bring it out another day in the distant future. However, I really want people to be inspired by what they read here. And I can't think of a better way than sharing stories of people who "rescue" us everyday. 

So I'll ask once more, cross my fingers, and hope for the best.

Who is your hero? What makes them so heroic? What about them inspires you? 

I really want to hear about these people because I know they exist, and I know that the world needs to hear about them. This world needs to know about these unsung heroes. This world needs to know that there is hope for a better tomorrow.
_____________________________________________________________________________

 I really do want your feedback about this! Let me hear about it (or anything else that's on your mind!) in a comment, an e-mail (awaller1990@gmail.com), or on the Life Before the Bucket Facebook page!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...