5.12.2011

The End of a Dream... For Now

I've been up for almost an hour and a half and only consumed one cup of coffee. This is clearly a problem.

Last night was a sad night in my life. Very, very sad. Not quite weeping sad, but sad, nonetheless. But what is there to be sad about when school is out, you ask? The answer is quite simple, in my mind.

The Celtics.

It makes me tear up on the inside just thinking about them.

Okay, so I jest.


In all seriousness, though, I was a little disappointed as I watched the Boston Celtics fall to the Miami Heat in the Conference Semifinals. Disappointed because, like every other fan in the world, I wanted my team to go all the way. Disappointed because it means that the Heat will very likely go all the way. Disappointed because that means LeBron James may finally get the title that his talent deserves.

Really, though, I'm disappointed because the Celtics sorta kinda ruined my plan to knock FOUR goals off of my Bucket List with one swift blow. Here's how it would've happened:

First of all, the Celtics would need to make an epic comeback in Miami, and then overcome their old, broken down selves to sweep the Bulls and proceed to the NBA Finals.

Next, the Oklahoma City Thunder (definitely my second favorite team in the NBA) needed to put away the Memphis Grizzlies (which they are slowly, but surely doing) and then destroy the Dallas Mavericks (who I need to give credit to for putting the Lakers in their place).

Finally, I would've needed to convince my wife that this would be a once in a lifetime opportunity as I would be spending a ridiculous amount of money to see one of the Celtics vs. Thunder games in the NBA Finals. This would've definitely been the most improbable step of them all.

If this all were to happen as I had hoped, I would've knocked off the following goals from my Bucket List:

See an NBA game live 
Attend a Celtics game 
See an NBA Playoffs game live
 See an NBA Finals game live

But alas... the first step in my plan never came to fruition. Thus, I'm stuck watching from the comfort of my living room, cheering for my second favorite team, since my Celtics bit the big one against the new Big Three. 
But there's always next year...!
_____________________________________________________________________________

  Do you have a life goal that you've had to depend on others to achieve? Has there been a time when those people have let you down? What did you do to get back up and try again? Let me hear about it (or anything else that's on your mind!) in a comment, an e-mail (awaller1990@gmail.com), or on the Life Before the Bucket Facebook page!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...