5.22.2011

I Clearly Need More Friends

I might go fishing this morning if my lungs hold up. Gotta love summer!

Alright, here's the deal. At some point over the last week, this blog received its first "award." Basically, it's just a fun award to help recognize up-and-coming bloggers. The award that I received is called "The Versatile Blogger Award." Here's the "badge" that comes with it. Please excuse my excessive use of quotation marks. I don't know why my fingers are suddenly attracted to them as I type...

A little girly for my taste, but I'll take what I can get.

Apparently, there are "rules" to receiving this award. As if I had a choice in receiving it! And apparently, I need to follow them since I received this award. So here are the rules, per My Husband Ate All My Ice Cream, the wonderful blog that I received this award from.

Rule 1: Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.

  Gracias, Heather! 

And the link that you ALL need to visit: My Husband Ate All My Ice Cream

Rule 2: Tell us seven things about yourself. 

Oh geez. You don't really want seven things, do you? I mean, it is my favorite number, though (which would be Thing 1). 

Thing 2. I've been dating my wife for nearly 5 years now. She's epic. I'm epic. We're epic.

 Thing 3. As a young child, I memorized the book Green Eggs and Ham and then tricked my mom into thinking I knew how to read. She figured me out when I could suddenly read the book upside-down.

Thing 4. I love to read, but I always fall asleep when I do it, so it doesn't happen very often. Hopefully that'll change soon!

Thing 5. My mom and I look like we could be brother and sister. Here's proof:

Gotta love her!
Thing 6. We're staying with Kalyn's cousin, Briawna, this summer, and she's not charging us rent, so she definitely deserves a shout out! And just for your viewing pleasure, an amusing picture of her from Easter...

She's actually an expert Easter Egg Hunter in her spare time.
Thing 7. I've had surgery 7 times... at least (I lose count easily). And I'm only 21! More on that in the near future.

Rule 3: Award fifteen recently discovered new bloggers.
 
Alrighty, then. This is where things get a bit ridiculous. Fifteen new bloggers?!

Right. Like I have fifteen friends.

I clearly need more friends.

However, because I do love the few friends that I have, I won't completely ignore this rule. I'll just do 5 instead of 15! These aren't in any particular order - they're all equally awesome!

GoServeLove - This is a blog that my friend, Kelsey, just started. Kalyn and I went to Taiwan with her last summer, and she's back there again this summer while we're stuck working internships in Kansas. She started this blog two months ago and she's supposed to keep us updated on her adventures in Taiwan, so go harass her and leave a ton of comments requesting cute pictures of babies. I promise she'll deliver!

Lead me in the Truth - This is another blog of another friend of mine who just happens to be in Taiwan this summer. Her name is Leah and she's hilarious! I'm sure she'll have some great stories involving roosters crowing at 4 AM, eating chicken feet, and lots of tales about how she's falling in love with the kids she's taking care of at The Home of God's Love this summer.

This would be Leah (left) and Kelsey (right) on their way to Taiwan! Check out their blogs!
My Name is: Beautiful Love - I promise this blog isn't about Taiwan. Nope! It's about the next best thing... China! My friend, Devra, is spending her second summer in China, and I'm sure she's going to have some great stories that you'll want to hear about.

They Call me Keller; Helen Keller - A blog written by one of my wittiest friends, Rebekah. She is not going to be in Asia this summer. However, she is on an adventure... in Idaho! As you can see from the name of her blog, she's hilarious, so you don't want to miss what she has to say!

And...

That's it!

Sorry, I lied.

I only did 4.

I think that's like super breaking the rules or something.

But since I wasn't raptured, I guess I'm out of luck anyway! Too bad!
_____________________________________________________________________________

Comment.

Share.

Subscribe.


Do it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...