5.10.2011

A Simple Man's Breakfast

Sorry for the delay in posting. I actually had finals today, and I'm pretty sure I aced them. In other news, my "R" key isn't working very well, so typing up this post should be interesting...

This morning, as usual, I woke up absurdly early. 

3:50 AM early, to be exact.

Honestly, though, I don't mind waking up early, even if it's so early that Jesus is still asleep. It's peaceful and I get a little alone time to give me some energy before the day starts. Of course, by the time everyone else's day begins, I've run out of things to do, which isn't always a bad problem. This morning was no exception. 

After being up for 3.5 hours (making it around 7:30 AM - most of my friends still aren't up by this point), I was bored out of my mind and thought about taking a nap. Instead, I decided eating would definitely be wise, seeing as how I had been up since the buttcrack of the night. I proceeded to the kitchen, where I concocted one of my favorite breakfast meals: a sausage, egg, and cheese (sort of Mc)muffin.

The inspiration for this delectable cuisine.

Now everyone loves McDonald's breakfast. Regardless of how you feel about their pseudo-beef, you know you can always rely on the breakfast there to fill you up. Now I've had McDonald's breakfast quite a few times, but I wasn't really sold on it until last year in Taiwan. There, we salivated at the thought of anything remotely related to McDonald's.

What was even better, though, was the breakfast at McDonald's in Taiwan. I swear the breakfast sandwiches were almost twice the size that they are in America. My wife would argue with me about this, and she'd probably be right, so maybe they were more like one and a half times the size that they are here. Regardless, they were epic. And because of their epicness, I quickly became addicted to McDonald's breakfast. I'd eat it all day if I could. Which begs a very pertinent question...

Why on earth don't they serve breakfast all day if it's the best food they have?!

Sorry, that's something that's always boggled me. Moving right along...

So, because I love you, I want to share with you how to make one of these bad boys for yourself since it was the new food that I cooked this month (Goal 92). It tastes eerily similar to McDonald's sausage, egg, and cheese McMuffin, but it's a lot easier on your wallet. It's actually pretty easy to do.

A Simple Man's Breakfast

My mouth is already watering...

Ingredients: An egg, an English muffin, butter/margarine, a frozen sausage patty, and a slice of cheese

Step 1 - Scramble the egg, either in the microwave or in a skillet. There isn't much of a difference in taste for this between the two, and the microwave is a lot faster. Just so you know.

Step 2 - Thaw the sausage patty however you please. I would really suggest making it in the skillet, as opposed to the microwave, because the taste difference is noticeable. It's worth a few extra minutes of your time.

Step 3 - Cut the English muffin in half and toast it to your taste.

Step 4 - After toasting the muffin, butter it up on the inside.

Step 5 - Put the cooked sausage patty, scrambled egg, and slice of cheese in between your muffin halves.

Step 6 - Give it a quick heat up in the microwave to melt the cheese. I do 30 seconds, but it all depends on your microwave.

Step 7 - Eat! And beware of eating around people. Food this delicious tends to cause jealousy, and irreparable harm and potential violence may result from eating this in public.  

Can't say I didn't warn you.

So there you have it! I'm no Pioneer Woman, but I definitely know I can make food that's as good as McDonald's. And that's a good thing, right?
_____________________________________________________________________________

  Do you have any favorite breakfast recipes? What about secret family recipes that everyone loves? Let me hear about it (or anything else that's on your mind!) in a comment, an e-mail (awaller1990@gmail.com), or on the Life Before the Bucket Facebook page!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...