1.04.2012

Take a Moment

You and I, we're separated by a lot. Maybe you aren't in the same city as me. Or the same state. Heck, maybe you don't live in the same country as me. Or believe in the same God as me. Maybe you're not an introvert like me. There's a strong possibility that you're not the same gender as me. And most likely, you don't obsess over coffee like me.

However, we have something in common. We share something. To see this, I want you to look around for a moment. Tilt the laptop screen down, take a slow, deep breath, and take in your surroundings. Chances are, you saw what I just saw as I was digging for something to write about...

People.

photo credit: ontzy - stock.xchng
They're everywhere. And unless you're a hermit living in Antarctica (in which case, I applaud you), you're surrounded by them. Maybe they're in the same room as you. Or maybe there's just a picture of them hanging in front of you, serving as a reminder of actual people who have impacted your life.

Either way, you live among people and in relationship with others. These people make a radical difference in the way you live your life. And when you think about it, it's amazing how certain people can hinder you from living life to the fullest while others can push you to live life more fully.

Take a moment. Right now, if you please, to thank those people. They make you who you are. Without them, where would you be? Who would you be? What would you be? And after you thank them, ask for their help, because you need it. I know this because without the people in my life, I too would be helpless.

Take a moment and ask them to push you this year. To build you up instead of tearing you down. To help you be yourself rather than who they want you to be. These people, they matter. And whether they're hanging in a picture frame or sitting next to you as you read, you wouldn't be half the person you are without them.

Remember those people as this year progresses, those people who make you who you are. And let them help you. Let them carry you when necessary. And when it's your turn, help them back. Be their shoulder to cry on. 

Regardless of how many goals or resolutions you accomplish this year, take a moment and remember the people around you. Because they matter. Because they care. And most of all, because you wouldn't be you without them.

... ... ...

Questions: Who has impacted you most in your life? What have they done to impact you? Who can you thank today for helping you to become the person you want to be?

Don't forget to "Like" Life Before the Bucket on Facebook and to use those fancy schmancy buttons down there to share this post with your friends and family!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...