7.02.2010

Start a Blog (That Doesn't Belong to Xanga): The First Drop in My Bucket

Alright, so here I am. I'm taking on a task I've been avoiding, but a task worth doing. I've started a blog.

Of course, you knew this already because you're reading this. Obviously, nothing groundbreaking to you. However, it's a different matter for me...


First of all, the concept of a blog is not something I am a fan of. I love reading others' blogs. However, the idea of creating a website all about my life is not something I'm a fan of. In addition, I've always worried about starting a blog, mostly out of insecurity: the thought of people judging me, or the thought of no one caring and me wasting my time.  After a lot of thinking, though, I decided to give in, because I think something greater can be accomplished from this.

So here I am, and here's my blog. I've started this blog as a chronicle of something I started a few nights ago: my bucket list. If you don't know what that is, you can check out this link:

What is a Bucket List?

Or you can just keep reading. Here, I want to write about different goals on my bucket list as I accomplish them. Sometimes what I write about will be big (like getting my first full-time job) and sometimes it'll seem pointless (like solving a Rubik's Cube). Sometimes, it'll even be monumental (like having a child - and no, it's not happening anytime soon). No matter what, though, it will be real. I hope that through that realness, you will aspire to live a full life and really be alive before you kick the bucket.

So here I am, with the first drop in my bucket, living before my chance at life is up. I've accomplished my first goal: start a blog that doesn't belong to Xanga - because, well, let's be honest, I'm not 13 anymore. :-)

4 comments:

Brenda Grow said...

Your blog will be interesting to follow. Remember, just cause I'm your mom doesn't mean you can hold back! You are an awesome young man and the most wonderful son. Your bucket is full of blessings in disguise and I am proud of that.

Just me said...

Awesome idea for a blog - I look forward to following this journey! Can I ask how old you are, out of interest?

Adrian W. said...

I'm 21 years old

Just me said...

I also meant to say, I love the "start a blog that doesn't belong to xanga - because, well, let's be honest, I'm not 13 anymore" - made me smile!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...