9.14.2011

Q is for Quirks

This post is part of my weekly Time for Honesty. I do my best to share something that's on my heart that is honest, sincere, and transparent - something that will get you thinking and get you to be honest with yourself.

I love being introspective and taking a look at what's going on inside my heart. Heck, I even enjoy bearing those things to the world for all to see on days like this, when I'm trying to be a little more honest with myself and others.

I think I definitely did that yesterday, though.

So instead of being introspective, I want to be... Well, some other word ending in "spective" that probably doesn't exist.

In order to be a little more honest with you and with myself, I don't want to bear my heart. I want to bear a few quirky pieces of who I am. As in, if you were my wife, these are the things you'd probably make fun of me for.

I don't know what it is, but for the life of me, I can't just call tortillas what they are. They're either "burrito shells" or my newest favorite compromise, "tortilla shells."

When I meet people, I'm typically very forward about asking their name. I listen intently, and I genuinely want to know it, but 9 times out of 10, I forget it within a few minutes.

As I learned last night, I'm a sucker for movies that explore the dynamics of a father-son relationship - especially ones involving alcoholism.

I'm not at my finest, when I'm around guys. For whatever reason, I've always been more comfortable around girls. Being married to one hasn't helped this any.

I've had 21 years of practice, but I still have a hard time pronouncing my own name to people I don't know, like at the pharmacy. I just can't seem to say it clearly.

So there you have it! I hope that after reading, you think you know me a little better, and I'd like to know a little more about you!

Question: Be honest: what's something quirky about you that I don't know? Anything goes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...