7.06.2010

Goal in Progress: Lead a Small Group

Alright, here's the deal. This is the first goal I'm posting about that I haven't actually completed. However, I'm posting because I'm looking for some input...



This year at Manhattan Christian College, I'm planning on leading a Small Group. I've been brainstorming for the last couple of months concerning this group, and now I'm looking for ideas from outside myself for this group. It'll be a small group of college-age boys from all over. What I'm looking for is anything you have personally experienced in a small group that was enjoyable, memorable, fun, entertaining, or meaningful to your life. I'm looking mostly for one-time activities that you may have really enjoyed, or maybe something you've always wanted to do in your small group. Anything goes.

So comment and let me have it: your best ideas for leading a small group. Thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been able to lead a small group for the past two years. Here are some ideas for you:
+ set up accountability partners at the beginning of the year and have them meet with that person once a week outside of your group
+ go ugly sweater bowling
+ have a weekend camping retreat together

Adrian W. said...

Thanks for the ideas, Natalie! =)

Just me said...

I know that I'm late adding to this, but just in case it's still helpful..:

- At the end of ours, we write prayer requests on post-its and pass them to someone else in the group who takes it away to pray about it. You can make up novel ways of figuring out where to pass your post-it note, if you want to liven it up again.

- Do something social. It's great to be doing Bible study and prayer, obviously, but actual fellowship is really important too! Maybe go out to a restaurant so no-one has to cook, or go bowling, or for a picnic, or play frisbee. Whatever - just something fun that everyone can get involved in!

- I'm a pretty quiet person, but one of my leaders was really great at making me feel included. He was always considerate and would ask me questions if I was getting left out in conversation, but also didn't push me to contribute all the time since he knew I was usually comfortable listening. Soo, yeah, if you're leading, be like that, it was much appreciated :D

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...