11.12.2010

An Ambitious Goal (to say the least): Read Every Book We Own



As you can imagine, this post is going to be about books. It is not, however, going to be about A Critical History of the Mission and Ministry of the Christian Church in Hawaii.

I know, I know. You're disappointed. Unfortunately, my fingers just don't have the stamina to type that title more than once. Plus, I don't have a clue what that book is about - I've never so much as touched it except to put it on the shelf. And herein lies the reason for a life goal I hope to eventually accomplish: I want to read every book we own...


This sounds ambitious, to say the least. I suppose I could quickly achieve this goal by simply throwing all of our books out. Unfortunately, our garbage can isn't that large. Maybe some other time...

For now, then, I am faced with these ominous shelves packed with books I don't even know that I own:


Daunting, to say the least. These shelves tease me every day, knowing full well that I don't have time to read anything I don't get a grade for. I was able to read a few of these books this summer, but since I have left Taiwan, I haven't so much as glanced at any of these books.

Someday, though. Someday...

***EDIT/UPDATE***

In case anyone was wondering (c'mon, you know you were), here's the book I'm working on reading right now:


Ambitious, right? Baseball Pals was originally copyrighted in 1956 and had its copyright renewed in 1984 by Matt Christopher, the author of the copy I own. I have probably owned this book since at least 2000 and it's just now getting read. Talk about procrastination...

2 comments:

Tanna said...

Hello kind sir. This is your sister. The awesome one who helped you move in.. Ya! You remember me? I'm the one who shelved those books. In alphabetical order. Just thought I'd let you know. (: Hehe. I love you! And miss you! And I really love that you've been blogging again. And I love you!!! :D

natalie said...

oh man. I need to set this goal, too. and I have fewer books than you two, but... ah! I'm not sure I could do it.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...