12.16.2011

Connected

Today is our first day off from school. Naturally, my body chose to wake up earlier than I have in weeks. Makes sense.

It's Friday.

For me, that means the end of school for another semester. It signals that there's less than a week until my application for graduate school is due. It also means preparing to travel to a good friend's wedding. 

What does this Friday mean to you?

To me, this Friday also signals the return of a practice I've abandoned, something I want to try again: Five Minute Fridays.

It's simple, really. You write for five minutes on a prompt that The Gypsy Mama. No edits. No nothin'. Just writing. An exercise made for Fridays, indeed.

This week's prompt? Connected.

On your mark... Get set... Go!

Living now is easier than it's ever been. We have microwaves, the internet, and Netflix. What more could we ask of life? And when we need others, it's easier than ever to find them, because we're always connected.

Whether through a cell phone, an iPod, a laptop, or even a LeapPad, we all (young and old) are connected at the hip (literally) with each other. And though it seems easier than ever to live, this is part of our 21st century world that is harder for me.

I crave solitude. To escape in moments of disconnectedness. It's not that I don't love being with and around and connected to others. It's the exact opposite, in fact. I love others so deeply that I need to disconnect. To recharge, refuel. To make sure my own battery doesn't die for the sake of those around me.

I love being able to connect with others through the medium of the internet, especially. With you, specifically, through this blog. And I want to connect with more people as time passes. For now, though, I'm content with the connection we've made today, and hope you'll help others to find a connection today, as well.

STOP!

Questions Do you enjoy our constant connectedness? How often do you disconnect from the world? 

Remember to follow Life Before the Bucket if you haven't already!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...