2.03.2012

Win of the Week

Well, fellow Bucketeers, it's Friday.
And around here lately, that's meant one thing: sharing your win of the week.

I'm all about building community, so sharing our victories for this week is important to me.

Here's mine:

This week, my win involves a speaker that came to our school. It was most definitely one of the most popular events we've ever had, because the speaker, Shane Claiborne, is something of a phenomena.

Truth be told, though, I hadn't heard of the guy until I heard he was speaking. So I wasn't sure what to expect. 

What I found, though, was reassuring. Shane talked to us about being Jesus with skin on. About meeting the world's pain. And so much more. And I plan on sharing what I learned with you next week.

What was most reassuring, though, was the fact that I've been where Shane is at for a while. My faith has become less about me and more about making life easier (and better) for those around me. It was like God was reassuring me: "You're on the right track; keep going."

That encouragement was much needed, especially as I'm beginning to get bogged down with papers and reading assignments. It reminded me of what's important, and that has very little to do with any assignments I'm trying to finish right now. Regardless of how important the papers I'm writing may seem, they're not worth breaking my neck over.

So that, my friends, is my win of week.

What about you? What was your win of the week? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...