2.09.2012

Trust and Reason

Do faith and reason coincide with one another? Or are they diametrically opposed?

This, my friends, is the discussion we've been having in one of my classes for over a week now.

What's worth noting first, though, is that we decided that a better word for "faith" is most likely trust. We get trust. Faith is confusing and can mean a lot of things. And though trust can be ambiguous, it's more clear-cut and closer to the meaning we desire when we use the word "faith."

So do trust and reason go hand in hand? Do they fuel one another or compete with each other? And if both can exist, should one come before the other?

These are some of the questions we've been challenged with.

However, since I attend a fairly conservative Christian university, most of the thoughts expressed on the subject at hand are in one accord (generally speaking). There's always a few outliers, but for the most part, I only hear one side of this story.

So this is where you come in, my fellow Bucketeers. We all come from different walks of life. We're all different ages and live in different places, and have been raised in different ways to believe different things. Thus, I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

After a few people comment with their thoughts, I'll chime in with my thoughts on the matter, but for now, I want to leave it up to you.

... ... ...

Questions: So, what are your thoughts on the matter? Do trust and reason go hand-in-hand? Why or why not? And if they do, which comes first (if either)? Also, if they don't agree with each other, which is more important to have concerning people and God?

Did you enjoy this post? If so, I'd appreciate you subscribing to Life Before the Bucket and sharing it with your friends. Thanks a million for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...