3.09.2012

Win of the Week

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls...

You've made it through another week!

Congratulations!

Personally, this was one of the longest weeks of my life. Between mourning the loss of a good friend's child and waiting for my acceptance/denial letter into my Master's Program (which still hasn't come), I'm tired. Exhausted. Spent. Kaput.

So I don't know about you, but I had a pretty rough week.

But, regardless of circumstance, we celebrate. Regardless of whether we enjoyed the week, we remember the good. Regardless of how big or small our victories are, we share them.

My friends, it's time for you to share your Win of the Week.

Like I said before, this was a tough week. I've faced a lot of tragedy and death in my life, but never have I had to wrestle with the death of a child. It has been one of the most emotionally exhausting weeks of my life.

However, I did have a win this week.

Yesterday, I managed to talk to a good friend about what was going on. The conversation was brief, but it was meaningful to me. I needed to let part of my load off onto someone else. Now don't get me wrong - there's still a lot of weight hanging around. But talking to someone about this sort of stuff (for even a few minutes) is a pretty big deal for me. Typically, I'm a clam up and deal with it sort of guy, so this was a step in the right direction for me.

So that, my friends, is my Win of the Week.

So... What about you? What was your Win of the Week?

Did you enjoy this post? If so, I'd appreciate you subscribing to Life Before the Bucket and sharing it with your friends. Thanks a million for reading

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...