3.19.2012

It's Spring Break!

This is undoubtedly the best Monday of the year.

Unless Christmas is on a Monday. And it isn't. Carry on!

Technically, it's the first day of Spring Break. Realistically, though, it's the third or fourth day we've been out of school (depending on where you attend and your class schedule).

Of course, if you're a real adult, you gave up the dream of Spring Break long ago. Now it mostly means trying to occupy your kids for a week while managing to somehow still make money. And that's no good.

It could be worse, though. Your forecast could call for rain all week (like ours does). So much for getting a nice tan or reading outside all week. My Kindle is allergic to the rain, so I'm going to have to pass on that one.

And as if that isn't enough, you could be spending Spring Break somewhere that was mocked by a national late night show host:


Of course, that is where I'm currently spending Spring Break, but that's beside the point. Also, I'd like to note that we don't sound like we're from Wisconsin (like that lady). Also, I've never worn a parka in my life. And, as the forecast shows, you'd die of a heat stroke in a parka if you were in Wichita this Spring Break.

Now that we've cleared up some misconceptions about Wichita...

Most of the people that read this blog, though, are stuck without a Spring Break. And though I think that should be illegal, the least I can do is help you to dream. So let's dream together.

If you were given a Spring Break to do whatever you wanted, where would you go and how would you spend your time?

Personally, I'd want to be somewhere that I could accomplish one of my life goals, like skydiving, bungee jumping, or seeing one of the Seven Wonders of the World. And it would have to be somewhere that doesn't have rain all week; I've gotta get my tan on.

So what about you? What would your dream Spring Break look like?

Did you enjoy this post? If so, I'd appreciate you subscribing to Life Before the Bucket and sharing it with your friends. Thanks a million for reading! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...