3.17.2012

Saturday Showdown

I want to try something new around here.

The winner can also have this cool
virtual trophy. 
I've had this idea floating around in my mind for over a month now, and I finally have the free time to see it come to fruition. 

I'm all about sharing my platform with others (as evidenced by the epic guest post series we have going on), but I wanted to do more.

Thus, the Saturday Showdown was born.

The concept is simple, really. I'll provide you with links and snippets of two blog posts from the past week that I really enjoyed (for whatever reason). I'll present them to you, and then we'll put them up for a vote. All votes must be in by 11:59 PM Central Time (US). The winner will be featured for a week as the current Saturday Showdown Champion (so... free advertising!).

Sound easy enough? Well, then. Let's get ready to rumble!


The “Death of God” for Bonhoeffer isn’t akin to atheism as one might immediately assume.

It’s a God immanent, not a god transcendent.

It’s a death to the god of the gaps.

It’s a death to the “opiate of the masses”.

It’s a death to the “deus ex machina“.

It’s the rejecting of the god above us who can miraculously solve all our fears by offering a hope of heaven.



I’m not perfect, but I am loved.
I’m not in control, but I know personally the One who is.
I can’t fix everything, but God placed me in the midst of people willing to help.
I am overwhelmed, but my God is bigger.

And as God’s voice grows louder, the annoying “drip… drip… drip” of Satan’s lies slowly fades away.

After you've checked out both of these blog posts, be sure to vote in our poll! (Refresh the page to see current results after you vote)



So there you have it! Who is going to be our first official Saturday Showdown Champion? It's up to you, my friends.

... ... ...

After you vote, be sure to leave a comment telling us why you enjoyed the post you picked!

Did you enjoy this post? If so, I'd appreciate you subscribing to Life Before the Bucket and sharing it with your friends. Thanks a million for reading 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...