4.06.2011

Nacrolepsy, Tetrazzini, and Farm and Fleet, Oh My! - Pt. 1

And so Spring Break continues (on here, anyway)...

Narcolepsy. Tetrazzini. Farm and Fleet.

 Do you have any clue what these the three things have in common?

If not, keep reading. You'll find out soon enough...


If you read my last post, you already know that the first stop in our epic Spring Break road trip was in Kansas City to meet up with the Wolfes. If you didn't know that, you obviously need to spend more time reading this blog. Just kidding. Sort of.

After enjoying some wonderful breakfast burritos and a little more playtime with Titus, we finally had to say goodbye to the Wolfes. Though it was difficult to leave, we knew we had a long road ahead of us and we knew we would see them again soon.

We set out on the road to our next stop: Des Moines. For those of you who didn't attend elementary school (or have slept since then), people from Iowa really like it when you pronounce every letter in their capital city's name.

Why Des Moines? First of all, we know a family of a baby lives in the area. Unfortunately, we weren't able to get a hold of them, so we chose to do the only other thing there is to do in Des Moines: visit Kelsey's family! You see, part of the road trip incorporated visiting Kelsey's family, as well Kalyn's. Where my family fit in there, I'm still trying to figure out. I guess that's what I get for letting them plan the entire trip (which I didn't mind at all!).

We had a short drive of about 3.5 hours (at least that's what Google Maps says it was). Naturally, we did have to deal with Kelsey's interesting driving habits and Kalyn's unique navigational skills. Thankfully, though, I believe they were inspired by the Spirit because we somehow managed to make it to Des Moines in as many pieces as we left Kansas City in.

Meanwhile, you have to wonder where I fit in the picture here. Kelsey is driving, Kalyn is navigating, and I'm... surfing on top of the car? Holding on for dear life by the bumper of the car? Posing as the car's new hood ornament?

Well, as you can imagine, I was doing all three of those things at once. Maybe. Maybe not. What I was actually doing, though, was sleeping. A lot. In fact, I became more convinced every day that I might be suffering from narcolepsy. Unfortunately, I wasn't, so I can't just fall asleep during class and blame it on a disease.

At this point, I'm going to have to introduce you do one of my favorite phrases. Kalyn loves it gives me a dirty look when I say this. Apparently I'm often deserving of such looks. Hopefully you don't feel the same way, though you probably should. Anyway, back to the story and my favorite phrase...

Don't judge me!

That's right, friend. Just because I spent most of the driving time sleeping, don't judge me! I insist that this is an imperative duty of at least one person on any given road trip. After all, if I wasn't sleeping, somebody else would be! Imagine Kelsey sleeping while she was driving! Or Kalyn navigating in her sleep! Hazardous, to say the least. Meanwhile, I safely dozed in the backseat, with no life-or-death repercussions.


On account of this post is already ridiculously long, and I have a lot more to tell you about, a "Part 2" post will be coming. Comment, subscribe, and check back soon!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a a howlin' good time at the Wolfes!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...