4.29.2011

My Second Draft

Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday...

Last night, something happened that I've been looking forward to for a long time: the NFL draft. Yeah, I'm one of those guys. I think this is the part where I should probably apologize, but I won't. I can't help but love football, and I have my dad to thank for that. 

Thus, I spent my evening being completely unproductive (when I could've been writing something much more entertaining for you on here), waiting for my favorite team, the Kansas City Chiefs, to make their pick. 




This, however, will not be a post about the NFL Draft, so breathe a sigh of relief. 

I know my wife is.

Instead, I wanted to post today about a different kind of draft. A second draft, in fact. Of what, though? What is there to redo in life (besides everything)? Personally, I believe a little revision every now and then does the heart good. Whether that's revising a paper for a class (which I used to be fanatical about) or revising what's for dinner, change isn't always a bad thing...

With that in mind, then, I want to present to you some revisions for my list of 111 goals to accomplish in 2011.

Like I said, revision can be a good thing. I'm not adjusting some of my goals to cop out or to make them easy enough to immediately check off the list. The whole idea here is to live life to the fullest, and revising my 111 in 2011 is one way that I can do that so I'm able to stay motivated enough to keep achieving my goals for the year.

Here's a few of the goals I've reassessed...
  1. Goal 1 (Practice/Play Guitar for 250 hours) - This goal is ridiculously out of reach, but I still want to play my guitar more, so I'm adjusting this to 100 hours instead of 250. Who has 250 hours in a year to do anything besides sleep?
  2. Goal 10 (Buy Kalyn flowers 20 times) - This goal... not so out of reach. Kalyn loves flowers, and I love making her smile, so I've increased this to 25 times before the year is over so I'll be more motivated to do this more often for her.
  3. Goal 15 (Grill once a month) - Definitely failed at this one, so I'm changing it to 12 times in the year. Same idea, it'll just get me to do it more often.
  4. Goal 19 (Beat Civ IV on the highest level) - Recently, I've been working hard to cut "time wasters" out of my life. Unfortunately, this game is one of them. Thus, having this goal doesn't make a lot of sense for me, so I've come up with a new, completely unrelated goal: Enjoy a cup of black coffee. Truth be told, I love coffee. Most people know that. However, what some people don't know is that the thought of drinking it completely black disgusts me. I really do want to enjoy it, though, so here's to hoping that I'll be able to by the end of the year!
  5. Goal 57 (Practice writing 250 hours) - I'm having a terrible time keeping track of how much time I spend writing (such as here on Life Before the Bucket). Thus, this goal isn't doing much for me. Instead, I'm going to change it to this: Attempt to apply for Project Access. For now, this doesn't make sense to anyone but me and a few others, but it could be a life-changer if it happens. I'll let you know more about this in the near future.
In my mind, it seems like these are all improvements to my 111 in 2011. However, I'm a little biased, so I could be wrong. All in all, though, I think this second draft of my goals for the year was an overall improvement and will help me to live a fuller life in the long run.

And in case you were wondering (and even if you weren't), the Chiefs drafted Jonathan Baldwin last night (this is the part where I smirk and my wife shakes her head at me in shame). But that's another post for another day.
____________________________________________________________
What do you think about these revisions? When you make a list of goals, should they be unchangeable? Or is there room for reassessment? What are some goals that you need to reassess and revise? 
I wanna hear from YOU about these things! Leave a comment or e-mail me at awaller1990@gmail.com!

Like this post? Share it, Tweet it, Subscribe, and don't forget to check out the NEW Life Before the Bucket Facebook page and "Like" it!
 

1 comments:

Wendy said...

Adrian, I think the revisions are great! Part of making goals is recognizing when they need to be revised so you can continue to grow! Go, you!! =)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...