8.26.2011

Older

I got a rolling backpack in the mail the other day. It's pretty sweet and I'm pretty sure it's going to be the next big trend around here. Or maybe not...


Older

Being older today than I've ever been before is an odd thought. There's so much pressure. So much to learn from. I'm older than I was when I was living yesterday, but am I wiser for that time spent? Am I a better person because of that day?

And what about today? As I grow older in mind and body today, will I progress? Regress? Or simply hole up and give up?

Growing older feels helpless, and yet I look forward to it every day.

I see the growing pains in my actions. Though my body has stopped growing, my heart and mind haven't. I'm still learning to walk as a toddler in mind in this world, and every once in a while, I still fall.

Meanwhile, my body struggles. I cannot breathe like I could 4 years ago. I can't run like I could 4 years ago. I can't even carry a backpack like I could 4 years ago. And I'm not much older than I was then.

But my mind is still young. It's still in its infancy. My heart still beats fervently, as if it were the first day that its ever had.

I'm excited to be older. And I'm excited that each day, I'm older than the next. Being older in body may be painful. But being older in mind and in heart seems to give me a new lease on life. It invigorates me and inspires me. And it lets me lead others to be as excited about living as I am.

End.

Question: Do you enjoy growing older? What about it is good? What about it is discouraging? Surprising?

Today's post was a part of The Gypsy Mama's Five Minute Friday! Check it out if you're interested!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...