7.22.2011

Full

My grandma had brain surgery last night and the doctor said it went as well as could have possibly been expected. Whew. 

I've made it.

You've made it.

We've all made it...

to Friday!

I don't know what kind of week you've had, but personally, I'm glad the end is here. A little Friday is just what the doctor ordered, along with a side dish of...

Five Minute Friday!

Here's the 4-1-1 on Five Minute Friday (per The Gypsy Mama), in case you're new to it:

The 4: Write for five minutes flat with no editing or critiquing. 

The 1: Link back to The Gypsy Mama, as I just did.

The 1: Hunt down the person who linked up for F.m.F. before you and give them some comment love.

The prompt this week is...

Full.

(eek.)

Ready... Set... Go!


Being full is a pleasure. It's a luxury. It's not something that everybody gets to enjoy.

Most everyone who is able to read this blog has been full physically at one point or another in their lives. I have always had enough food to fill me up and top me off. However, not everyone gets that chance. This really frustrates me, because I know how much food I've wasted in the past and how much I'll waste in the future.

Being full is a pleasure. It's a luxury. It's not something I've gotten to enjoy as of late.

Obviously, I'm not talking about physically at this point.  You see, being full spiritually is even more important than being full physically. It just doesn't make sense to me that so many seek what is physical above what is spiritual. Unfortunately, I've been caught red-handed, guilty as charged, in this matter as well. Because I'm not full. I haven't been in a long time.

Fill me up, Jesus. I know it's what I need.

STOP! 

When was the last time you were spiritually "full?" Do you know what it takes to fill your spirit? In what ways do you fill your spirit on a regular basis?

I'd love to hear from you about this (or anything else)! Just drop me a comment or send me an e-mail!

If you like what you read today, be sure to share it with your friends! And if this is your first time here, don't be shy - find a way to follow along!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...